Top 5 Reasons Why You Need a Wedding Video So you’re engaged. Congratulations! Like many couples, the first steps you start taking when planning your wedding is find your photographer. At some point during the planning process you may ask yourselves, “Do we want a wedding video?” Of course, a lot of couples already know they want a video, but I’ve met with and talked to many couples who are on the fence about a wedding video. “We just spent thousands on a photographer, do we really need a video?” Well, the answer is YES, you do. And here’s our Top 5 Reasons Why You don’t want to miss out on having a wedding video.
1. Video is HUGE. And it’s only getting bigger According to the Cisco VNI forecast, by 2020, video will account for 79% of Internet traffic. The presence of video in our lives is growing and showing no signs of stopping. Your friends, family, and children are going to want to see a video of your special day.
2. Voices can’t be photographed A lot of people don’t think about the fact that a video includes sound…and movement. I know it might “sound” obvious (pun intended), but will you remember how you said your vows or that joke your father made during his speech, or the way his face lit up when he saw you in your dress… when you look at a photograph. A video showcases the wonderful moments of your day in full reality, sight and sound.
3. Sharing is caring Think you are going to share your whole wedding gallery of hundreds or maybe even thousands of photos with all your friends? As much as your friends and family may love you, which of them are going to take the time to dig through your entire wedding gallery? Your wedding video will be the whole story of your day, that you can easily share with everyone important to you. Oh, and if someone couldn’t make it to your wedding, watching a video of it is the next best thing!
4. Memory Have you ever heard a song you used to love and suddenly you are transported back to being 15 years old and rocking out in your bedroom? Memory is a curious and mysterious thing. Over time it fades, but it can be triggered in many ways. A wedding video offers more chances of triggering all those memories when you look back on it in 10, 20, or 50 years.
5. Cost You are spending a lot of money on your wedding. From catering to flowers to a venue, there are a lot of line items! A weddings video usually doesn’t cost that much compared to some of the other wedding day expenses. But while the food will all be eaten, and the flowers fade away, a wedding video will bring you memories and joy for a lifetime. Talk about return on an investment!
6. BONUS REASON – You might regret it, we sure did When we got married, ironically, we skimped on our wedding video. “Oh, we’ll just hire our friend for cheap,” we said. Well, our “friend” didn’t show up on our wedding day. So we have some wonderful photos to look at, but…“Ours vows were really great….weren’t they?”